Friday, May 28, 2010

Mondo Juice, May 27






Mondo Juice

Although a lot of people scoff at me for being “obsessed” with organic products and not eating cheap apples from China (where they use a lot of pesticides), I really cannot shake off the habit. Which is why every time I encounter a new healthy eating place, I immediately try it. And yes, with full awareness that most of these shops are designed primarily to make me part with my money!

Mondo Juice is at the bridgeway at the 3rd floor connecting Ali Mall to SM in Araneta Shopping Center, Cubao.

The interiors are pleasantly cool and airy, because of the glass walls (where you have a view of the street outside) and the light green and orange motif. I also like the cozy sofa’s where you can sit for as long as you like.

The P100 wheatgrass juice kind of made my stomach ache a little. I guess my stomach, unlike our bovine friends’ that have several compartments, cannot digest raw grass very well! Good thing I made them put half an apple juice (for P20) so it made the juice a little sweeter.

The P140 turkey pesto sandwich (in focaccia bread, not wheat) was nothing special. I didn’t eat half of the bread because white bread makes me bloat. There’s a lot of pesto sauce, thank goodness.

I probably won’t go back to the place again unless I’m a few feet away and incredibly thirsty. I would rather spend my P120 on fresh fruits at the fruit bar in SM or Shopwise.



Mondo Juice is at the 3rd floor of the bridge connecting SM and Ali Mall in Araneta Shopping Center, Cubao.

No comments:

Post a Comment