Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome


Hi there. I am Fredda and I am delightfully obsessed with good food. By good I mean anything delicious, healthy and tasty.

There is no danger of me getting fat or gluttonous. I follow my body, and my body “knows” when it is time to stop. It’s impossible for me to eat a lot of unhealthy and processed food because my body doesn’t like it. So I just follow my instincts and it’s never led me astray, whether it’s a fancy restaurant where I pretend to be rich, or a carinderia where the waitresses throw the food at you.

I always fantasize about good food. I always wonder what food I will eat next. I cannot concentrate when I’m hungry. The worst times of my life are when I’m penniless and uncertain as to what I’ll eat next, or hungry and will have to stretch my budget and eat something unappetizing (eg, the times during college when, running out of allowance, I would be forced to eat instant noodles; or the time a pickpocket stole my wallet and I had to eat lousy siopao.)

I am spoiled beyond belief and I love to pamper myself and the ones I love. I want my loved-ones to have good food also. When I read about the food that the inmates in Quezon City Jail are eating, I cried.

I travel in order to try different delicious food. But I don’t want to try all or as much delicious and different food as I can. I would rather savor recent discoveries, go back to the comforts of old favorites, research carefully about new restaurants. I don’t have a lot of money to spend on fancy meals, anyway.

And that’s why I also date a lot, and my ex’es have been rich, successful men who could afford to feed me good food. My mom is worried that I may not be able to find a suitable man for marriage because the only man that could please me, she says, is someone who could “afford” to support my cravings and “lifestyle”.

But it is NOT a lifestyle, like something one adopts and sheds off when the next fad comes along. I've been obsessed with food for as long as I can remember. All I want is to eat good food, whether it’s fresh paksiw or pinangat at home or grilled salmon at an Italian restaurant.

I made this blog to share my food adventures with everyone, and also to remember how good it is to be alive. Good food is best eaten with people, like all good things, it is best when shared.

They say that food and sex are the most physical of pleasures. The Yanomami tribe in the Amazon even use one word for sex and food. I guess I'm a truly sensuous and sensual person because I indulge my senses in my pursuit of food.

And so I eat a lot and love a lot. I follow my heart, my body, my nature. Life is good!


art by Ali Cavanaugh



No comments:

Post a Comment