Sunday, May 30, 2010

Salmon Roe and Sea urchin Sashimi , May 29






Last night I had uni and ikkaridon (sea urchin and salmon roe sashimi with rice) at Kiko Fujji, Little Tokyo, Makati. I also tried basashi sashimi (raw horse meat) which was pleasantly tough and good. It's not that delicious, but I like how it tastes it my mouth.

Little Tokyo is my all-time favorite eating place for Japanese food. It never fails to delight me when I enter this courtyard surrounded by Japanese restaurants and see lots of Japanese faces. Ofcourse I’m also extremely pleased to see and pet the family of cats (wearing bell collars!) in the area.


Actually the meal is not that fantastic. The rice is not that moist, I much prefer eating at Nodasho. The salmon and ikkura don costs P640 and I shared it with my Filipino date. I still felt very hungry afterward... He is not that rich so I was embarrassed to ask for another separate bowl for myself.

the horse sashimi


I feel lucky to be able to eat lots of salmon roe and fatty seafood without worrying about gout and other health problems. Afterwards, my friends and I went to Shinjukku for coffee jelly.


On the other hand I am glad to buy raw macadamia nuts at Healthy Options in Shangrila Mall, after my brief meeting with the Filipino Freethinkers Group. I ate it all today. I only wish I had dark chocolates to go with it. Whenever I eat macadamia chocolates and there's very little macadamia I feel upset.

I am including the chirashi sushi of Vladi because it's so colorful and pretty!

Little Tokyo is at Don Chino Roces Avenue (formerly Pasong Tamo) cor. Amorsolo St. It is right beside Makati Cinema Square.





No comments:

Post a Comment