Friday, May 28, 2010

My Fruit Addiction






The Fruit Bar at Shopwise, Araneta Center, Cubao. May 27



Every time I do my errands in or pass by Cubao, I always drop by the fruit bar in Shopwise. The fruit bar here is like SM’s ritzy ditz cousin. They have few fruits but they include kiwi, dragonfruit, apples and grapes. It boggles the mind why they won’t include pears or strawberries. But I think it’s because these are more expensive than the aforementioned fruits and people will tend to get just the strawberries if they lay it out for the masses?

I prefer Shopwise because I have developed a taste for dragonfruit recently. The ones at SM fruit bar are no less healthy, but sometimes they aren’t so fresh. Shopwise Cubao only has the gelatin/gulaman with milk (a combnation of condensed and evaporated milk), whereas SM’s have tapioca/sago and different colored gelatin. I also love sago but ofcourse I don’t put the sweet sauce as it cancels out the healthy goodness you get from the fruits.

The big fruity plastic bowl you see above costs P130.


I was at Shopwise at 11am with few shoppers walking around. I sat in their Le Gourmet "restaurant" inside while reading William Saroyan's memoirs.


I find myself always looking for an excuse to “pass by” Cubao in order to have these fruits. In fact fruits are my secret to keeping fit despite an inordinate amount of food I ingest on a daily basis. I like to eat them before or after a meal.

Yesterday I enjoyed walking around in Cubao even though at 38 C it was so far the hottest recorded day of the year! I also bought some organic cotton bra for the weather. Sloggi is the only brand that has these organic cotton bra’s as far as I know. And Yes even in my choice of underwear I go for organic!


No comments:

Post a Comment