Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Great Meal at Seryna, Little Tokyo, May 30






Today I had a date with a ship captain. He is 50 years old, polite and a real gentleman, funny and intelligent. He was amused at my appetite and must've spent half the dinner time watching me decimate all the foods in the table-
*the hare-hare salad (they call it something else though) in peanut sauce
*uni sashimi (very fresh and delicious!)
*chirashi sushi pictured above
*miso soup
*maki (which seems to be California maki)


It was really a memorable and wonderful meal! I was so happy! My date was also very pleased to discover this place. It's his first time in Manila, and I wanted to show him the BEST in Japanese that the city has to offer. I think next time we meet I will bring him to Ang Bistro sa Remedios.


Before meeting him I was at Shopwise Cubao and had the usual bowl of fresh fruits. I am getting to be popular with the staff at the fruit bar that always tease me about my fruit addiction.



After the excellent dinner at Seryna, we walked a little and ended up at Shinjuku where I had the coffee jelly. I always make sure to top my Japanese meal with this dessert every time I'm in Little Tokyo. I believe this is the ONLY restaurant in Little Tokyo that serves this meal. My favorite dessert, though, is still the anmitsen at Kozui in Timog.


Seryna Japanese Restaurant is at 2277 Chino Roces., Ave. Makati City.

No comments:

Post a Comment