Thursday, June 3, 2010

Grilled Plapla in Salt from KKK, June 2





My plan to clear the palate after all the gustatory excitements the past few days kind of backfired on me. I ordered the P236 inihaw na pla-pla sa asin (grilled pla-pla in salt) at KKK Restaurant in SM Cubao to go with my black rice at home. But I was not able to resist eating all of the sweet sauce with bagoong (fermented fish paste), which you can see in the picture. It really was the perfect accompaniment to the fresh but truly bland tasting pla-pla. The result being that, I felt slightly allergic to it and my face got a little bit inflamed.

So here is a picture of my food last Wednesday. It really WAS a good meal.



That night, I was depressed from having sore eyes, I was simply feeling ill and unhappy. To cheer myself up, I ate almost all of the whole bar of organic dark chocolate I got from Healthy Options. Endangered Species is my favorite brand among all the dark chocolates I've ever tasted, simply because it uses water-filtered beet sugar and hence does not give me sore throat afterwards. I ate it with the raw almonds pictured beside it. I also love to buy macadamia nuts from said store, also wonderful to go with dark chocolates!

And since I was in Cubao area, ofcourse I didn't fail to drop by Shopwise and had the big bowl of fresh fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment